As part of our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, parking fees are currently being waived for students, staff and visitors through December 2020.
If you’re a student at NAIT, you have various parking permit options, depending on where and when your classes are.
To qualify for a parking permit, students must
- be currently enrolled in daytime classes during the Fall or Winter semester
- have a current NAIT student ID number
Main Campus parking
Parking permits are available for students who have a current NAIT student ID number and are in daytime classes during the Fall and/or Winter term.
Daily parking rates
Students can park in:
- Parkade A/B (with powered stalls) for $11.00 per entry
- Zone M (with powered stalls) for $14.00 per entry
- Lots C & HP (without powered stalls) for $10.00 per entry
- Lot F (without powered stalls) for $8.00 per entry
- Lot L (without powered stalls) for $12.00 per entry
Daytime parking permits
NAIT Parking permits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Availability varies throughout the year. New parking permits can become available throughout the year due to cancellations. Once the permits sell out for the duration of your class dates, it is up to you to check regularly if permits are available by visiting Parking Services in person or calling 780.378.6989.
It is highly recommended that you purchase permits for Fall and Winter terms at the same time to ensure your spot.
Permit parking locations
||Cost per month (includes GST) for 2020-21
|B – parkade
north of Main Campus
|HET – outdoor lot
north of Main Campus
|M – parkade
north of Engineering Annex
|Q – outdoor lot
west of Zone D
Buying and using your parking permit
- Go to the Student Parking Permit page.
- Fill out your information, and reserve and pay for your permit.
- Your permit will be available for pickup after 1 p.m. the following business day. We require NAIT ID or a printed copy of the receipt to pick up your permit.
Go to Parking Services on Main Campus (CAT180N). Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Note: There is a limited number of passes available in person.
If you have sponsorship (where parking is employer-paid) or your class dates do not show as available, contact Parking Services for help.
Using your permit
Permits allow you to park:
- in the lot indicated on your permit daily from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- in all lots after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends (except the following lots where your permit is never valid)
- underground parking lots (HP Centre)
- hourly parking lots
- parking stalls designated for disabled persons
- 24-hour reserved parking stalls
- restricted parking areas
If you have difficulty finding parking in your assigned parking lot, contact Protective Services at 780.471.7477.
Displaying your permit
Your parking permit must be clearly visible either on the dashboard of your vehicle or displayed from your rear view mirror. Failure to properly display a valid permit may result in your vehicle being ticketed or towed (at your own expense).
If you have lost or are unable to display your permit in an appropriate manner, it must be reported to Parking Services. Only NAIT permits will be honoured. Notes, handwritten or otherwise, are not recognized. Lost, stolen or destroyed permits will be replaced at Parking Services on Main Campus, or where you bought your permit on Souch and Patricia campus. An administration fee of $100 will be charged for replacement permits.
Withdrawal of parking services
During times of construction, maintenance and special events, it may be necessary to cancel parking permits. Every effort will be made to provide alternate parking for persons who are displaced.
If parking is no longer required, a refund for the unused portion of the parking privileges is available when the permit is returned to Parking Services (CAT180N). Parking permits are not transferable to another person. Refunds will be subject to an administrative fee of $25.
Users of Communauto, a local ride-sharing service, can park for free at 6 designated stalls at G Lot. Regular rates apply in other lots.
Discount for NAIT students
Students can use the promo code “NAIT” when they sign-up with Communauto to receive 30 free minutes of carshare and a free lifetime membership. (Payments are arranged with Communauto directly and not with Parking Services).
How to use the service
- Sign-up on the Communauto website.
- Apply the promo code “NAIT” and choose from monthly or by-the-minute pricing plans.
- Check for availability and book cars through the Communauto app.
- Pick-up and drop-off cars within Communauto’s designated zone, which includes G Lot. (Users can travel outside of the zone during trips.)
NAIT’s partnership with Communauto gives commuters more choices to use sustainable and affordable transportation options, which helps to alleviate pressure on traffic and parking.
For more information, contact Parking Services or visit the Communauto website.
A regular NAIT parking permit is still required to park in lots with disabled parking spaces.
If you require accessible parking and have a disabled placard, please bring the placard and your Alberta registration for the placard to Parking Services.
Evening & Weekend parking
Evening parking hours are Monday to Friday between 4:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Weekend parking hours are between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Students can park hourly at various convenient locations. The rate is $4.00-$5.00 per hour
Evening & Weekend parking rates
Students can park in Parkade A/B and Lots C, D, E, F, HP, J & L.
The parking rate is $5.00 per entry during the evening and weekend hours listed above.
Note: Daily entry slips are not valid in hourly lots.
Monthly Evening & Weekend permits
Students can purchase monthly evening and weekend permits at Parking Services from Monday to Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. The monthly rate is $20.00 plus GST. Monthly permits are valid in Parkade A/B and Lots C, D, E, F, HP, J & L.
NOTE: Monthly surface permits are not valid in hourly lots, Zone M or Underground lots.
Souch and Patricia Campus parking
Evening & Weekend parking
There is no charge to park at Souch and Patricia campus after 5 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends.
Student parking permits can be purchased at shop AT NAIT:
- Souch Campus - One week prior to the start of class.
- Patricia Campus - First day of class.